The article about basic on SoapUI testing tutorial, this is my first session on SoapUI, it helps to all people like beginners and experience.
Basic on SoapUI testing tutorial
- What is SoapUI.
- Get to know about SOA and WebServices
- SoapUI Test Structure.
- Creating a sample Project /Importing project
- Creation of TestSuites/Testcase/TestSteps
- Request Pane &Response Pane
- Invoking and getting results
- Cloning the TestCase/TestSuite
- Assertions in SoapUI
- Transferring Properties
- How to read values into request step
- What is Groovy Scripting
- Data Driven Testing-SoapUI PRO
What is SoapUI ?
- SoapUI is Free and Open Source Functional Testing Tool mainly used for Web Service i.e. API testing.
- It is also called as ReadyAPI.
- Used for functional testing, security testing, load testing of both REST and SOAP based APIs.
- Supports the groovy language only.
- SOAP stands for “Simple Object Access Protocol”.
What technologies need to know?
- Knowledge on following concepts would be required for better under standing.
- Web Services and SOA
Groovy Script (to do Automation)
Get to know about Web Services and SOA
What is a web service?
- Web Service is a kind of software i.e. accessible over internet, it uses xml messaging system and describe interfaces to end users
- Also known as ‘API’(Application Programming Interface)
- A building block for ‘Service-Oriented Architecture’
- Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) is Solution for making two software to communicate each other.
- WSDL is a short form for Web Services Description Language,
- The WSDL document is an XML file that contains the interface schema for the Web service.
SoapUI Test Structure
- A grouping of Projects.
- Projects: Made up of
- Contain one or more TestCases.
- Serves as a container for TestSteps also contain testRequest.
- Individual web service operation invocations.
Creating a sample Project /Importing project
- Creating a new project is very straightforward. Just open the SOAP UI , select NEW SOAPUI project from the FILE menu and specify the project name and URL for the web service WSDL url
- SOAP UI will get all details of the web service methods from the WSDL file and load all methods and their requests.
Soon I will publish my next session on SoapUI.