The article about major difference between SDLC and STLC. This is initial level session who wants to know some of basic in SDLC and STLC. I have mentioned all the differences one by one, so it is easy to understand.
Major difference between SDLC and STLC
SDLC requires Concept Analysis, System Required Specifications (SRS), High Level Design (HLD) + Low level design (LLD) + Coding STLC requires Main Test Plan + Test Specification + High level scenario + Test Case + Test Execution + Test Report
SDLC means software development life cycle. SDLC starts with analyzing the requirements, Architecture, development, testing and maintenance. This is developing and testing the application until the client satisfies. STLC means software testing life cycle. STLC contain writing test strategies, test plans, test cases, executing, finding bugs and tracking them until they are fixed. This only Consider the quality of the application.
SDLC- Software development life cycle it involves total development of the project
STLC- Software testing life cycle it involves total testing phases of the project
In first session, you read major difference between SDLC and STLC, now will move to second session about the stages.
Following stages involved in (Software Development Life Cycle) SDLC
1) Initiation of the Project
2) Collection of Business Requirements, System requirement, Functional design document and other Documentation.
3) Designing including complete architecture of the system
4) Coding and unit and Integration testing
5) System testing
6) Application and related tools Installation and acceptance testing
7) Application Support or maintenance
Following stages involved in (Software Testing Life Cycle) STLC
1) Preparation of the test strategy document
2) Preparation of the test plan document
3) Creation of the more than one test environments for testing point of view
4) Writing of the High level scenario and test cases
5) Creation of the test scripts
6) Creation of the test data for test scripts
7) Execution of the test scripts
8) Analysis of the test results
9) Reporting of the bugs